Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tickfest '06

OK, here's the official Tickfest '06 exchange site. Anybody who wants to comment, ask questions, or complain about it have at it.

Next weekend, July 21 and 22. I don't know who is coming or what they will do when they get here, but somebody likely will show up and do something.

Hotter than hell right now, and looks like it will be for the next 3 to 4 days. However, long range forecast calls for temps in the 80's daytime, 60's at night on Friday and Saturday. Maybe an amazing third consecutive cool Tickfest.

Directions from KC:
North on I-35 10 miles past Cameron to exit 64.
Turn West, left, and go about 4 miles to an intersection. State road EE goes south there, Santa Rosa road is the gravel going north. Take the gravel road
Go about1.5 miles to Otter Road. Turn East, or right.
Go one half mile to 108th St. Cope cemetery on left. Turn North, left.
Go 1.5 miles to the Tick Ranch. Go to the second driveway. No other houses anywere around here.

If you get lost and can't figure out where you are, call one of these numbers. My office phone is 660-367-4400, my house phone is 660-367-2273. My cell phone won't work out here.

DO NOT STOP AND ASK THE NEIGHBORS WHERE THE TICK FESTIVAL IS !!!. They don't know anything about it and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Some of them will shoot you on sight, others will release dogs, and a couple will try to re-enact scenes from "Deliverance".

Water and solar shower available. Bring whatever you want to eat or drink. Nearest food/drink is 10 miles away. My long suffering wife will be preparing a mess of smoked pork for Friday night, so plan on a bit of that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Clayton said...

how's the creek level? I checked the long range forcast and now it's not looking quite so optimistic...

How about another trek over to the back 40 at some point to scope out cabin locations?

I'm going to try to leave chicago weds. night and drive to davenport, if possible, get up early and get in there by afternoon. Trying to keep the ol' VW out of the hot sun as much as possible. Any ideas on a place to pull over?

July 17, 2006 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger tickmeister said...

Creek has got some water, will have to evaluate clearing a path to it. Weather.com still says highs of 98-99 for Wed and Thurs, about 80 for Fri-Sat-Sun.

We will take a chain saw and do a bit of site clearing if you like.

Don't know about a layover site. Seems as if there is a big truck stop near Davenport if you like those for stopping.

July 17, 2006 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger brotherphilwilder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 18, 2006 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger brotherphilwilder said...

Hello Tick constituents,
I have returned from nearly two months of constant travel, and am looking forward to laying back and listening to music instead of playing it for once. I am wondering, is the annual Tick Film Festival still happening? Since I retired, I no longer have any access to equipment to fulfill the technical requirements of said event. Additionally, I've had neither the time, nor the inclination, nor the equipment to produce any films of my own for said event. I have, however, recently come into possession of a historical document of musical times past which I would be eager to show, if equipment were provided by others.

That said, if Tick Film Fest '06 is not to be, I'd like to propose a Friday night moonlight bike ride to the cemetery for communion with spirits (both alcoholic and otherwise).

Let me know your thoughts on this. I'll see y'all on Friday afternoon.
brotherphil

July 18, 2006 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger tickmeister said...

Probably nearly a new moon Friday, and thus no moonlight. May still be enough starlight to do a ride if everybody is willing to bail into the ditch if a car approaches.

I haven't thought about film at all, don't know if anybody else has.

July 18, 2006 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Clayton said...

Fear not, Don and I have stepped up and the film festival is definitely happening. Apparently, according to Don, some art institute ladies are providing equipment. I will be bringing some films, including a brief clip of some historical wilders footage...

So, sit back and enjoy, phil...

July 19, 2006 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home